Friday, October 8, 2021

Tom's Typical Week Journal: 4th/10/2021 to 10th/10/2021

My Typical Week: 4th/10/2021 to 10th/10/2021

Normally, 3:00am is when I feel infused with a higher awareness. At University I did an entire Semester of reflection following Hinduism view to life. I borrow a lot nowadays from that experience,as far as being accountable goes. I take toll of how my  weeks are arranged. I am a Volunteer Community Outreach Advocacy Organizer as well as a Volunteer Mentor at a combined-use Home. So, one can only imagine how my time is used.

I find myself listening to Eric Wainaina's music and humming some songs by this famous Kenyan singer. I enjoy all the albums but particularly the Sawa Sawa and Dreams in Stereo make my emotional groove.

I feel an immense power of liveliness coursing through my body as I listen to the music. I don't understand the Swahili language that well but I use the Google dictionary to catch up. The rhythm and piano provide a pattern which gives clarity in my mind. A question crosses my mind making me reflect about this particular week.

On Monday, I made a list of activities to do for the day. I journal two formats of work because I volunteer at two places. Ever since I took up the practice, I find I can appreciate my life even better. I combine the principles of self-care, self-worth and  self-esteem. I find  journaling is both the process and validator making me find purpose, integrity, responsibility and wholeness. I search and find myself every time I write and recognize myself. I also find how I contribute to a greater experience of life through social capital contribution.

Caring for self enables me to gain and maintain a mental, emotional, spiritual and physical preparation and to be ready to take on roles that make me a beneficiary as well as a Community Organizer and a leader at the Nature Network Group Resource Center.

I am the current Co-Executive Director of the Nature Network Group. Below is my journal.

Monday: Personal Administration, breakfast, check my contacts book for social development, health and finance leads in different African countries, make Social-media updates on TB/HIV/Malaria/COVID-19 and other health promotion matters, mainstream SDGs in my work, check-in with the Kenyan, Ugandan, Tanzanian, DRC, Burundi and Botswana Advocacy Champions, check-in with my assistant at  the Nature Network Group Resource Center to generate the Tuesday meeting agenda, liaise with the assistant to get the feel of recurrent operations at the Resource Center, me-time, prepare for classes, dinner and rest.

Tuesday: Personal Administration, breakfast, check on all members, Community Outreach activities, arrangements to engage in House chores such as House and yard/compound cleaning, the team trims the hedge, collects all trash and we make a garbage collection point ringed with stones, the Poultry House building is progressing as planned, we clean all the washrooms at TNNG together, we set up for the Nature Network Group meeting, it is the in-coming ED's inaugural and Welcome meeting, end of meeting and participants have lunch, departure for Independence Day celebration preparations, me-time, check-in with Champions, update social media platforms, online classes, supper, rest.

Wednesday: another day yaaaay!! Wellness Wednesday, checking messages, liaise with Champions, Consultancy work on health promotion, assistant at TNNG sends report on chicken mash for growers shipment/getting in touch with brooder and make order for 100 chicks, check in on members, set up for the Nature Network Group Independence Day mood celebration, checks on the assistant about updates, have lunch, check in on members going to perform during the Uganda Independence Day celebration, me-time, classes, supper and rest.

Thursday: Thursday is UHC Day, Personal Administration, breakfast, check in on members, pay house rent, get updated on food stock and other consumables at TNNG, generate reports to be presented by Freaky Friday, updated on shipment of chicken mash bags, consultation meeting with Champions at the office, the Champions take me out at a distinct Swahili dish restaurant, me-time, classes, supper and rest time.

Friday: Freaky Friday, Personal Administration, breakfast, check in on members, updates on arrangements for Independence Day celebrations at the Serena Hotel, checking in with the assistant, generate this journal and make it shareable, COVID-19 test, meet the Children attending Soccer For Education training session and have a photo opportunity too, prepare to travel to the USA for an award presentation and Graduate School preparations, check-in with assistant about Sunday's meeting, arrangements for zoom meeting session for those who may not attend in person, updates on how to store chicken mash in dry place, prepare Poultry House for Chicken move-in, me-time, present Freaky Friday report, social media platform updates, classes, supper and rest.


Saturday: Wakey, wakey, Personal Administration, breakfast, check in on members, arrangements for Independence Day celebrations, travel to celebration venue, return home, rest.

Sunday: Wakey, wakey, Personal Administration, breakfast, check in on members, travel to the USA....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Nature Network Group (TNNG) Gardening Project November 2021 to October 2022

Title:  Establishing Gardens As A Livelihood Project For Refugees November 2021 to October 2022  Introduction:  An half an acre garden can p...