How can an HIV positive person lead a healthy life?
We had yet another Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) session which was not like all the rest we have had.
At The Nature network we had a chance of knowing how an HIV positive person can live a healthy life and we also got to know more importances of taking ARVs:
1. Through drug adherence
2. Safe care
3. Getting a reminder so that one couldn't forget taking drugs on time
4. Less alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana because they can affect your lungs.
5. Having a balanced diet with meals having vegetables and fruits with less sugars.
The importance of taking a ARVs:
1. ARVs boosts our immune system and CD4 counts,
2. Less risks of infecting others.
3. Prolong/increase on your lifespan
4. Are an opportunity to provide oneself support and care from qualified health workers every time one needs a refill or check up
The event took place on 6th/nov/2017. We take this opportunity to appreciate the Church World Service and the Nature network team for the good cooperation. We also call upon support from different allies such as , Stakeholders and well wishers so that we continue the fight to end the high spread of HIV.