Sunday, July 2, 2017

Homosexuality, Religiosity and The Beauty of All Creatures; A Transgender Group's Take

Yesterday, or was it last year? Never mind. I wake up everyday, no! We wake up everyday thinking and knowing we are beautiful. We see God in every creature. We even greet Jesus as He goes about His way. Yes, I am a Homosexual but I am as Godly as a Saint. No doubt about that! I love and care about my next door neighbour. As an Earthling, I do not want to waste life defining myself in the boundaries of  a man or woman legislator whose arm is swift to write me off than write me back to life.  So, I write my own script. I mobilized. We mobilized. They mobilized. We formed ourselves into a loving social support community. We are religious. We are affirming Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Intersex, Bisexual, Queer and Questioning. We pray, play and pay it forward together.  We are reminded of verses from Cecil Frances Alexander:

“All things bright and beautiful, 
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens, 
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colours,
He made their tiny wings.

The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
God made them, high or lowly,
And ordered their estate.”


At The Nature Network, we opened up a space where we live together as friends and a loving community. We detest domestic violence, we detest anti-social practices and we encourage each and everyone of us to contribute to peaceful co-existence. We are a social support community. We are affirming Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Intersex, Bisexual, Queer and Questioning. We pray, play and pay it forward together.  We are reminded of a verse from Douglas Carter:


“If only I could write a beautiful love poem 
I would write it special and only to you 
If only I could write a beautiful love poem 
So that we will forever remain so very very true 
If only I could write a beautiful love poem 
With more than a goodness like something new.”

At The Nature Network, we dance until our bones crack. We sing until our voices are horse. We laugh until we are breathless. We love life and are grateful to God. We are a social support community. We are affirming Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Intersex, Bisexual, Queer and Questioning. We pray, play and pay it forward together.  We are reminded of a verse from Leonard Cohen:


“Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin 
Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in 
Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove 
Dance me to the end of love 
Dance me to the end of love .”

At The Nature Network, we define who we are. We refine our selves every single moment we  reach out to others. We are sure of this because we get feedback that fulfills us. We love life and are grateful to God. We are a social support community. We are affirming Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Intersex, Bisexual, Queer and Questioning. We pray, play and pay it forward together.  We are reminded of a verse from Gwendolyn Brooks:


“I shall not sing a May song. 
A May song should be gay. 
I'll wait until November 
And sing a song of gray.

I'll wait until November 
That is the time for me. 
I'll go out in the frosty dark 
And sing most terribly. 

And all the little people 
Will stare at me and say, 
"That is the Crazy Woman 
Who would not sing in May." 

At The Nature Network, we reflect on life. We reflect on citizenship, sexuality, orientation, identity and orientation. We are knocking on doors whose guards are Heterosexual Peters. We wonder if the Pearl Gates they guard will ever be open. We are wondering about our full citizenship here on Earth and in Heaven. Does one transition into another? Will Peter, who knows well what denying knowledge of Jesus (Oh! That Holy Name!) can do to a human mind and the unflinching boundless love from Jesus open the Gates for us? We have seen the transforming power of an opened up space where we live together as friends and as a loving community. But, this we know: we shall find love only when we give love. We shall rent ourselves and dissipate that love generously. That is our task. We are reminded of verses from William Butler Yeats: 


“I met the Bishop on the road
And much said he and I.
'Those breasts are flat and fallen now,
Those veins must soon be dry;
Live in a heavenly mansion,
Not in some foul sty.

'Fair and foul are near of kin,
And fair needs foul,' I cried.
'My friends are gone, but that's a truth
Nor grave nor bed denied,
Learned in bodily lowliness
And in the heart's pride.

'A woman can be proud and stiff
When on love intent;
But Love has pitched his mansion in
The place of excrement;
For nothing can be sole or whole
That has not been rent.”



Yesterday, or was it last year? Never mind. I wake up everyday, no! We wake up everyday thinking and knowing we are beautiful. We see God in every creature. We even greet Jesus as He goes about His way. Homosexuality, religiosity and the beauty of all creatures will be fulfilled  when they  merge into love given and love returned. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Nature Network Group (TNNG) Gardening Project November 2021 to October 2022

Title:  Establishing Gardens As A Livelihood Project For Refugees November 2021 to October 2022  Introduction:  An half an acre garden can p...